Edwardian cycling bracket

scrimper

(I am a bit dubious of posting this after seeing all the fine work here but thought I would give it a try anyway)

So here goes --

Just finished cutting these brackets, one is made from mahogany with the cyclist overlay in Maple. The mahogany panel is made from 4 strips joined edge to edge making a 10 1/2" panel to cut the bracket from. The maple was just a short off-cut found in a skip from a kitchen fit I ripped it edgeways to make three 1/8" small panels and cut the cyclists from this.

The second panel is cut from 3mm birch plywood which came off an old wardrobe that I broke up. I haven't applied any finish yet but I may just use water based clear varnish, (any other suggestions welcome).

The coloured backgrounds are not definite yet, they are just being tried out and not fixed.

The brackets are approx 10" high and 11" wide, strangely enough the part I found most difficult to cut are the 7 round holes in the corners! I cut these with the saw but when doing so wished that I had used a drill bit instead!post-1975-0-88694800-1414271927_thumb.jpgpost-1975-0-21690100-1414271962_thumb.jpg