18" Hegner

RFK48

It looks to me the only thing missing is the front tension lever feature.   I think you bought the saw cheap enough to justify the upgrade.   It would make the saw much more user friendly.   You just bought a very reliable well built saw at a great price.   Congratulations!

I have the opportunity to buy an 18" Hegner Scrollsaw for $175, I don't really need it since I have an Ex21 that I have hardly used yet but I am wanting to buy it just because I can never pass up a good deal. I guess I just want some opinions on what to do and is it as good a saw as I've heard?

Thanks for any input. 

Robert

Robert there is an 18" Hegner on Phila. CL .Single speed,No tension lever. 175.00.and that is a good deal .So like everybody said you made a good move.

Did it come with a manual?  There are some things I had to read the manual to find out, for instance, the top clamp should wiggle a little when in place.  The thumb screw should not be screwed down tight.  Looks to be in good shape, I think you got a great score.  Happy scrolling.

Yes it came with a manual. Thanks for that tip, I did not know that. Now I guess I'll read the manual. 

It looks to me the only thing missing is the front tension lever feature.   I think you bought the saw cheap enough to justify the upgrade.   It would make the saw much more user friendly.   You just bought a very reliable well built saw at a great price.   Congratulations!

Thanks Stoney. I am going to wait on the lever, but I will probably get it sooner or later.