2009 vs 2010

Travis

I was curious about how well SSV is doing compared to last year, so I decided to check the traffic records against last years records. It looks like SSV is doing pretty well for being a young website. While we're only a drop in the bucket compared to the mega-sites, I'm thrilled with our results. We almost doubled our traffic from last year! I've attached a graph to show how much we've grown. I figured some of you stat hounds would find this interesting.

stats.jpg

The chart shows traffic between Jan 1st-March 29th in 2009 compared to 2010. Granted we opened our doors on January 1st, so its no surprise that we've grown. But to double our traffic is pretty sweet. Right now, we get an average of between 350-400 visitors per day. Here's how to read the chart:

Visits: That's how many unique visitors came to the site/day. If I came to the site 4 times today, I only get counted once for that day. If I come 4 times a day for 5 days, I get counted 5 times.

Page Views: This tallies how many individual pages are viewed. Naturally forums would have a pretty high page views rate.

Pages/Visit: How many pages does a visitor read on average per visit. This is used to measure how engaging the website is.

Bounce Rate: This measures how much of the traffic leaves from the same page they enter. This measures if the visitor finds what they're looking for right away or is enticed to explore the site more. Since about 20% of our traffic is from search engines, this makes a little sense. However, it would be nice if this number was lower. But I think it's pretty typical of forums.

Average Time On Site: Pretty much self explanatory. This remained pretty consistent from last year. It shows that while we have more members, each user is engaging in the site about the same amount.

% New Visitors: How many people that come by have never been to the site before. This gives a general idea of user loyalty and how many new followers we pick up.

Kinda fun to see the numbers. In the end, it really isn't that important. Its the members that make this place a great place to hang out. Without you guys, this place is just a bunch of 0's and 1's. Thanks to everybody who made SSV what it is. :thumbs: