Hawk BM26 - Replacement Received

Iguanadon

On 7/30/2017 at 10:19 AM, Rolf said:

Randy where are these bolts into the aluminum that concern you? 

Rolf, there a six bolts that hole the main body of the saw (toward the rear).  The two rear most bolts were the ones that I think were not put in correctly.  But there are still four holding tight, and the saw seems rigid, and as smooth as it's ever been.  If this ever becomes a problem, I may be figuring out how to use helio coils.  For now, things are starting to really come together, so I'll not worry about it unless it becomes an issue.

1 hour ago, rjweb said:

Iggy,

Any good news on your hawk, is the replacement ok, RJ

Hey RJ,

I received an email from Scott Smith today, they received my first saw back at the shop and they're checking it out while reviewing the videos I made of the replacement saw to try to figure out what is going on.  I told Scott that I'm 99% sure that it's a shipping issue.  The box only says THIS SIDE UP on the top, not on the sides and the first thing the UPS guy did when he came to pick up the first saw was flip it on it's side to put it on his hand truck... Imagine bouncing along the highway for 1,000 miles on it's side.

Iggy not to get off subject .I just sold a Festool Miter saw It is probably one of the most expensive miter saws you could buy .1500.00 . They tell you to save the box for as long as you own the saw. The box is cardboard but it is as strong as a solid wood box.They will not except the saw back for any repair warranted or not with out there box.If it out of warranty they will ship you a box if you pay postage.This is a very accurate saw with double line Laser.Any hard bump could knock this out of whack.I think if you are going to pay 1800. 00 for a scroll saw somebody better be doing there homework

I don't care if the saw is made in the USA or in Germany it should be made to handle the trip and also packaged to be handled by a Gorilla on steroids

Edited by tonylumps