need quick release blade holder

Mark 54

I recently purchased a Sears craftsman scroll saw, model #137.216021. I am trying to locate

conversion parts to change the standard blade holder system to a quick release system. Can

anyone direct to a supplier and tell me what parts will be required? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mark

This probably won't apply to your saw, but I will throw it out there.  My first saw was a $69 Performax (no longer made) but similar to a Skil.  I saw a video about something used for bicycle repair.  Went to a bike shop & they had so many used ones that they gave me one.  Had to take it to a machine shop to get it altered.  A couple of years later I went to our Goodwill store where I buy some picture frames.

Spotted a child's bicycle and it had just the piece I needed.  They use it for a quick release to adjust the seat height.  Could have bought bikes for 3 bucks apiece.

Go to a Target, WalMart, Goodwill or any place like that and have a look.

jerry

That seems like an awful lot of mass to put on the end of the arm. The saw must vibrate like crazy. I do like the idea.

This is Pozgais web site and it is still active.  http://pozsgaidesigns.com/

He used to provide the kits for adding the delta quick clamps to the Hawk's. Unfortunately the Delta clamps are no longer available.

Edited by Rolf

On 8/31/2017 at 8:16 PM, jerry1939 said:

This probably won't apply to your saw, but I will throw it out there.  My first saw was a $69 Performax (no longer made) but similar to a Skil.  I saw a video about something used for bicycle repair.  Went to a bike shop & they had so many used ones that they gave me one.  Had to take it to a machine shop to get it altered.  A couple of years later I went to our Goodwill store where I buy some picture frames.

Spotted a child's bicycle and it had just the piece I needed.  They use it for a quick release to adjust the seat height.  Could have bought bikes for 3 bucks apiece.

Go to a Target, WalMart, Goodwill or any place like that and have a look.

jerry

Jerry ,Your always thinking ,i have one laying around here.

9 hours ago, amazingkevin said:

Jerry ,Your always thinking ,i have one laying around here.

The one I bought at the time was not as cumbersome as the one showing in the video.  Saw was bolted onto a workbench and I didn't notice any vibration.  IF you consider something like this, buy a used bike & swap the seat quick release clamp with a bolt.  Resale the bike (or ride it, whatever suits your fancy ! )