Puppets?

MrsN

Hi everyone!

One of my students has stumped me a bit. He really wants to build a puppet. It is a project that I have never thought about so I don't really have anything to go on. I told my student that I would do some research to see what I can find out if it might be possible. Before I dig into the rest of the internet, I thought I would check in here. Have any of you built a puppet?  Or know of any good places to start if you wanted to build a puppet?

Exactly what kind of "puppet" are we talking about?  Finger puppet?  Hand puppet?  Most finger puppets and hand puppets I have seen would not be made with wood. Then there is the "jointed" carpenter that is in the most recent SSWC Winter 2017 edition and two more on the website - a pirate http://scrollsawer.com/2017/09/06/articulated-pirate-ornament/ and an Angel http://scrollsawer.com/2017/09/06/jointed-angel-ornament/ that could be a marionette style "puppet" if you think of a puppet as the ones with strings attached to move their parts and pieces. Or is he thinking about a ventriloquist puppet? Or something else?

Edited by meflick

11 hours ago, MrsN said:

Hi everyone!

One of my students has stumped me a bit. He really wants to build a puppet. It is a project that I have never thought about so I don't really have anything to go on. I told my student that I would do some research to see what I can find out if it might be possible. Before I dig into the rest of the internet, I thought I would check in here. Have any of you built a puppet?  Or know of any good places to start if you wanted to build a puppet?

Interesting ,I Google everything !