Microsoft Word/Open Office

Rockytime

On 10/30/2017 at 12:58 AM, octoolguy said:

I just googled and found this. This is for Open Office. 

If you need kerning only for selected parts of your text, follow these steps:
  1. Highlight the passages of your text for which kerning needs to be enabled.
  2. Select Format > Character.
  3. Select the Position tab. In the "Spacing" section, check the check box Pair kerning.

For Word, do the same except go to the Format/Font/character Spacing............

Im going to try this with office word,thanks

16 hours ago, amazingkevin said:

Im going to try this with office word,thanks

I just tried this in Open Office and it works, however, the kerning is global and not individual characters. I'm just now experimenting with Inkscape. Rav4 got me off to a jump start. I'm viewing the tutorial on my tablet and following along on my PC. I think eventually I may just get the hang of it. Thanks for all the suggestions offered.

Regards, Les

Edited by Rockytime
misspelling

1 hour ago, Rockytime said:

I just tried this in Open Office and it works, however, the kerning is global and not individual characters. I'm just now experimenting with Inkscape. Rav4 got me off to a jump start. I'm viewing the tutorial on my tablet and following along on my PC. I think eventually I may just get the hang of it. Thanks for all the suggestions offered.

Regards, Les

Les, I have been watching first video and I also downloaded the same fonts as Travis used in his tutorial just so I could do it the same as he did. It really is a great program and the "kerning" is really easy and so manageable. Isn't it great for us old guys to realize we still have gray matter that can be utilized?

57 minutes ago, Dave Monk said:

Travis's tutorials are fantast. As slow as I learn it took a long time and lots of patients. If I run into a single thing that I am trying to do I will go to utube and search for it. 

I do wish he would go a bit slower with his mouse moves but after watching it enough times, I catch on but like you very slowly. I'm going to pursue the rest of his vids now. I want to get proficient with Inkscape. I never seem to have the same version that is being shown in these tutorials though. I think I have the latest Inkscape now.