Letter Blocks

Dan

Fresh off the saw. I made these for my granddaughter. She loved playing with our fridge magnets so I thought I'd give her something for home. After the paint dries I'll put a few coats of poly on them. These are from Steve Good, I just changed the font and size. 

59fa0dbdccbf2_DixieBlocks.thumb.jpg.32666a7881d520565748631c757fc1ee.jpg

Here's a photo of Dixie at the "playground".

59fa0f3df295e_DixieatStore.thumb.jpg.72d905901d60587999879f970550ab6f.jpg

20 minutes ago, Lucky2 said:

Cute letters Dan, and an even cuter granddaughter. How many of the letters did you make, the whole alphabet or just enough for her name?

Len

I just made the 5 letters. They are of poplar and water-based paint. Very easy to make and only took about an hour to cut, glue, and paint. The poly is drying now. I also put rare earth magnets in the back. 

22 minutes ago, Dave Monk said:

Came out good Dan. Those are on my to do list also. Granddaughters are special, that's for sure.  Are you going to buy her that mower?

I may buy her a mower next year, however, as she is too young to use it properly I'll store it at my place until she is a bit older. :D

14 hours ago, Dan said:

Fresh off the saw. I made these for my granddaughter. She loved playing with our fridge magnets so I thought I'd give her something for home. After the paint dries I'll put a few coats of poly on them. These are from Steve Good, I just changed the font and size. 

59fa0dbdccbf2_DixieBlocks.thumb.jpg.32666a7881d520565748631c757fc1ee.jpg

Here's a photo of Dixie at the "playground".

59fa0f3df295e_DixieatStore.thumb.jpg.72d905901d60587999879f970550ab6f.jpg

Prefect learning tool for the youngster