Compound cut items

Jim Finn

I used an ornament pattern to make these toys.  I altered them a bit to beef them up and to turn a reindeer into a horse.  4" tall made from a 2x4.  Also made some Cross/fish nick-nacks. I have made  over 40 of these different items  now. Each takes about nine minutes, at the saw.,

Wooden horse toy profile.jpg

Wooden horse toy and cross fish.jpg

Reindeer 2.jpg

Edited by Jim Finn

5 hours ago, Jim Finn said:

I used an ornament pattern to make these toys.  I altered them a bit to beef them up and to turn a reindeer into a horse.  4" tall made from a 2x4.  Also made some Cross/fish nick-nacks. I have made  over 40 of these different items  now. Each takes about nine minutes, at the saw.,

Wooden horse toy profile.jpg

Wooden horse toy and cross fish.jpg

Reindeer 2.jpg

Have you ever made fire wood? wow these are very detail!

I have made and sold some of those crosses, that I made of mahogany.  This pine is MUCH easier and quicker to cut.  I just may make more to sell next summer. 

One guy bought me out two years ago (five of them).  He said he was giving them to primary donors at his church.

I also made some much larger ( 6" tall) using my bandsaw and making them in two pieces and glueing them together and adding a base.

Cross & Fish, large.jpg

Edited by Jim Finn