Facebook Groups?

kmmcrafts

2 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Do we have a list of facebook groups on here? I see mention a lot of this group and that group on facebook.. I'm on a couple of them but there are many many of them that just aren't active at all.. So I was just wondering what the good groups might be on there.. 

I pretty much joined them as I found them and have enjoyed reading and seeing what others are doing in the hobby. Scroll saw cafe is somewhat interesting but to sit and watch someone for hours on end doing a portrait, to me, gets boring very quickly. But, I watch SSV on FB and a couple of others most of the time. Whatever post notifications come up, I'll check them out.

2 hours ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

Facebook is too hard to follow. Not like a forum like this. Alot more personal here if you ask me. Maybe good for selling supplies but not projects for sure. I go to a few pen turning ones and one minute a post is there and next you have to look for it. Not my cup of tea. 

I must agree JT. I do spend a lot of time on FB because it seems to be the only way I can keep up with my old friends anymore. I like it here a lot more too.

I agree with you 100% JT... also... something really annoys me with the FB groups.. I'm on several of the groups.. of those groups there seems to be many others on the same groups.. and some will post a finished product to every group they are on.. which fills up my news feed with page after page of the same posting but to a different group.. I know I could stop following most of the groups but then I miss things that  doesn't get posted on "All " of the groups.. Not sure if what i said make sense to you all but.. anyway.. It's a big reason I pretty much un-followed most all the groups... either they are dead ones.. or two or three members posting the same things on several different groups that sort of spams all the others that are members of all those same groups..

This is why I asked the question.. what is a  good group to join.. I plan on thinning the ones down that I'm on.. and sticking to just a couple of the more active ones.. and try to eliminate all the clogging of the same postings.. on different groups.

Kevin the only scrollsaw related group I follow there is called Scroll saw and Woodworking I do understand what you are saying. I also do not like  when some makes a post to show something it gets posted many times. Not sure why that happens but it happens alot. Annoying. Maybe that is what you are talking about. I just never paid attention to the group it comes from. 

On the pen turning sites everyone and their brothers is selling pen blanks they make or cut up. Too much for me. I do not stay long there.