Here is an interesting thread going on Facebook

OCtoolguy

I have been posting on this thread with the limited knowledge that I have but I found it interesting and thought maybe some of you would too.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1929736970602419/permalink/2105910229651758/?comment_id=2106449199597861&notif_id=1531562060846282&notif_t=group_comment_reply

1 minute ago, kmmcrafts said:

Like the magazine's facebook page? They also have a web site forum.. I just typed in the search bar on FB and the only group I seen was the magazine FB group page.. 

I get invites all the time to join this group or that group. I just click on the ad and it takes me there. Then I request to join. 

1 minute ago, kmmcrafts said:

Like the magazine's facebook page? They also have a web site forum.. I just typed in the search bar on FB and the only group I seen was the magazine FB group page.. 

Well what I found wasn't a group.. just a page for scroll saw and woodworking magazine.. but I did find scroll saw and woodworking enthusiast.. ?

Just now, kmmcrafts said:

Hmm.. doing that just gives that warning page

Just now, kmmcrafts said:

Hmm.. doing that just gives that warning page

That's strange. I clicked on the link and it took me right to it. It does say something about being a "secret" group. I have no idea what that means.

closed group? At the top left of the group it should give the group name.. The one I found and am assuming you are referring to is called " scroll saw & woodworking enthusiast " 

The group picture is a puzzle? like maybe a tractor puzzle

Edited by kmmcrafts

6 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

closed group? At the top left of the group it should give the group name.. The one I found and am assuming you are referring to is called " scroll saw & woodworking enthusiast " 

The group picture is a puzzle? like maybe a tractor puzzle

2018-07-14_1928.png

Ok, here's what it's all about. It's a secret group. Whatever that means. If you are my "friend"on FB I can invite you to join the group. So, if any of you are interested, let me know what you go by on FB and I'll send friend requests. Once you accept them, I can invite you. If you are interested that is. I go by my name Ray Scrafield and I use the picture of Sgt. Belker from the old Hill Street Blues show as my picture.

I got hold of the moderator last night. He told me that it became a "secret" group a while back when they had been under some sort of a spam attack. Once becoming a "secret" group, FB won't change it back so it must remain as it is. But, it's not some covert organization. It just sounds that way. Anyway, there is a way to join it if you want to.