Old work horses

OK, I am a sucker for somethings.  Tools and machinery are one of those. I already had a Hawk, a Skil, an old old Delta and an old old Duracraft.  So I am at a yard sale and there is a portable craftsman, non variable, with a large motor that takes pinned blades.  Even better, it comes with about a hundred new blades. very coarse tooth of course.    So the lady has it marked $15.00 and as I am looking at it, she says all prices are negotiable.  I went home $8 dollars poorer.     I get home and I have a dozen pieces of bass and poplar already marked for cutting out for carving blanks.  I looked over the saw and plugged it in.  It cut lickity split through that one inch poplar like it was a band saw.    In no time at all. I had those carving blanks cut out.   Far faster than the Duracraft which is hooked up to a 1/3 horse motor.   I have no illusions about the limitations of this latest machine.  It was probably hot stuff back 30 - 40  years ago.  It won't do those fancy little piercings that I have no patience for anyway, but it sure did the job on cutting those blanks.

I hate to say it but I"m the same way. I can't pass up an old piece of equipment. I bought a Crafstman bench top saw years ago at an auction. No motor but the rest of it was in mint condition. I gave $5 for it. I brought it home and kept it under my workbench until we sold out everything. Just another door stop.