Comic Book Covers

jbrowning

I think a lot of them buy their comic books from the comic shop.  There's usually a bin of super cheap comics.  There's nothing valuable in them (otherwise they'd pull the comic).  Depending on the store, they're usually only a buck each.  You can find some notable characters in there, they're just not notable comic books.

I do stuff sort of like this.  Here is a quick example.

I get mine from tattoo flash. This one here is from a book by Mitch Oconnell. Its a book of tattoo flash. 

You have to watch these though because its the tiny pieces that will get you. They can be small but only so small until you have to make the piece bigger or just do a portion of it. 

Start with things like bugs bunny and the like. Simple and gives you a good idea of how to do it, Hint. the holes go in the black lines.   Most comic book art has black outlines so its perfectly suited for this style.  Same goes with tattoos. 

Check out Speed Racer too. This one was simple. I just found the image online,. inserted it into excel and sized it to my needs and printed it.  The smallest pieces again are the issue. For this one its the inside of the eyes. 

rocket small.jpg

speed.jpg

Edited by crupiea