Printer question

rdatelle

Hi everyone. I have a weird question. When I try to print out certain patterns like word art where I want to make it a little bigger, I end up getting this dialog box that comes up when I'm ready to print. There's no where there to change it to poster. How do I get acrobat reader to come up all the time when I want to print something, which has the options of poster and other options. My printer is a Canon Muti pass MX922 and I'm using a Mac. Certain one's will open up in acrobat but not all.

printer.jpg

Edited by rdatelle

I've never used the poster print option on my printer.. I've never had any luck with them actually printing where they print the whole thing.. Maybe newer printers do it better than the old one I use to have.. I got into the habit of using this program and it's all I use anymore.. I can custom size anything by % mm inches etc etc..  It saves in PDF format etc..

So I guess I don't have an exact answer to your specific question.. But here is the program I use called PosteRazor 

http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=download&lang=english

Hummm. Ralph, wish I could help you.  I have a Mac and when printing PDF file it always comes up PDF print dialog box, which has the option you want.  I did not do anything to make that happen,,, I'm not smart enough to figure that out.  It just happened.  Maybe if you go to the Adobe website there might be a Q & A option. I really think it might be a function of Adobe Reader.... but don't know.  Maybe just an upgrade or something.

not sure if this works on Mac but i also sometimes will right click on photo file and in the drop box.. select print.. then it gives a photo printing options with sizes.. Many wall hangings I will shrink down to the 5x7 or 4 x 6 size.. which makes perfect sizes for making Christmas ornaments.. Have also printed ornaments at the 8 x 10 or 11 x 14 sixe for wall hangings.. Makes quick sizing options. For instance.. this is how I change the puzzle patterns that Iggy sells into ornaments.. I just use that for resizing them for ornaments.. Hope that helps someone..

Here is what I do with pdfs.

They are hard to size just right so I will open it up and take a picture of it with my phone. I then email that pic to myself. 

Now I open that pic and save it as a jpg. 

No I open a spreadsheet program. I use excel but I am sure you have a mac equivalent. I then insert the jpg and now I can size it any size I want it to be and it will print across pages. 

It might help if you change the paper size on the printer screen to "Legal", and of course use legal size paper  If "Scale to fit" is checked the printer software will adjust the size of the image to fit the paper selected,  so you should un-check that too. You should then be able to adjust the size up to legal paper length by adjusting the % scale.

I prefer sizing my images in Photoshop and saving them in Jpg format, then using Photoshop to send the 100% size image to my printer. Then I always get the size that I want whenever I want more copies.

Charley

On 8/6/2018 at 1:46 PM, rdatelle said:

Thanks Charley, I did do that for one of my pics, but one of them I want longer that legal paper size.  I know when acrobat reader pops up I'm able to print in poster and print two pager to get my length. I just can't seem to get that program to come up all the time/.

Ralph, I might be wrong here but I have a free PDF reader called Foxit. I also have Acrobat. Whenever I click on a pdf file, I get a pop up in the right upper corner asking me if I want to make Acrobat my default pdf software. I always "x" out of it but at least I get the option. Give Foxit a try and see if that helps. I have been using it for years but I have never tried to do a poster print with it.

@rdatelle I have downloaded Adobe Reader and that is what some how reads all my Adobe Files and I can print the files from it also.  Not sure how it all works, but it works well, and when I print any PDF file it gives me the print screen you are wanting. 

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html