hope this helps someone

JimErn

Over the last three years y'all have provided so much help, thank you.  I finally feel like I may have done something that might help someone else.

I have been putting mini-clocks in various cuttings, I am not always able to add the clock hole to the design due to the odd shape of the wood, so I made this template from 1/8 BB.  It allows me to move it around on the piece and when I like it, I can mark the center for drilling.

Inner diameter is 1 3/8 and the outer diameter is 1 7/16 (to show where the clock bezel would be.

Attached is a pdf, and a two layer photoshop file

EDIT

Dang photoshop, the inner diameter is fine, the outer diameter is too large - I'm Working on it

Sorry guys

Jim

EDIT EDIT

ROFL, this getting old is hard on the memory

What I did, since I did not want to try to cut a 1/16 inch wide circle (not sure my skill level is there yet), was to allow for a reveal outside the bevel of the clock face.  The clock face bevel has a diameter of 1 7/16 inch, slightly less than half what is shown and the inner diameter is 1 3/8

I need a beer.

sigh

Jim

mini-clk.jpg

mini-clock-hole.pdf

mini-clock-hole.psd

Edited by JimErn