Hawk 226vs question

jbrowning

There is a set screw on the opposite side of the thumb screw on the lower blade holder.. Your clamps are just like what Les posted above.. I just watched your 2nd video you posted the other day.. The lower clamp is there in the lower arm.. your video shows the set screw being in there.. as well as on the upper blade clamp.. That blade clamp comes out.. in order to change blades if you look on the right side of the saw on that brace that runs along side the upper arm.. there is two different sets of holes drilled into that.. You put your holder roll pin into one of those holes and the upper lip on the clamp should lock over the top of that upper brace.. this holds it while you loosen / tighten the thumb screw for changing the blades.. 

Okay here is some pictures , not sure you can see the set screw in this clamp opposite of the thumb screw. Then there is the picture of the hole for your blade changes, then I took one with the clamp in the hole for doing a blade change. The other pictures are of the two slots in which you set the blade holder into in the lower arm. The front slot is for a less aggressive cut or for thin wood cutting the one toward the back of the arm is for thick wood cutting or a more aggressive cut. I personally always use the front one and see little to no difference in the aggressive cutting from either slot. I do notice with it in the back slot I don’t get as good of a cut not squared. Not a huge deal other than cutting puzzles for me anyway or stack cutting.

A145082A-B836-43A9-89FC-37672516A448.jpeg

A5238E16-514B-418A-8341-CA5E48AB7A66.jpeg

00F618F3-71B3-46A6-8A75-37FFD394F7EE.jpeg

D2E1717C-F8EE-4B46-B767-6E50DD9DDD1C.jpeg

1E6AB790-5E01-42B6-8A4D-25F25BDAA170.jpeg

03887C9C-05A7-4419-80B0-613618535909.jpeg