DeWalt Setup V

Vector01

Coming to the finish line...Dust collection. Big issue for me and especially the wife. The Hitachi had an extension from the lower body that I could connect my mini-vac to. Nothing on the DeWalt. So for a temporary setup I screwed one of my Vac accesories to the table below the bevel adjustment (see pic). Will do until I come up with another method.

[attachment=0]dust coll.jpg[/attachment]

Vibration...Nothing very noticeable until I set the speed from 6-max. I think this might have to do the fact that the stand is lighter than the factory one, it's on wheels and not directly contacting the floor.

Knocking...No unusual noises running from low to high speed.

Cutting...Still playing with wood, blade and speed combinations. I normally ran the Hitachi at between 50-60% speed for most of the stuff I cut. So I set the speed to 5 on the DeWalt. Tried cutting on some 1/4" ply. A little to fast...Got away from me a few times :oops: Cut the speed down to 3 and had much better control. I'm gonna spend a few days cutting on scrap before I tackle a good pattern. Need to get the feel of the saw.

That's it for now. Hope this helped the new DW owners. Something comes up I'll let you know.

looks like you could use my "blue air 503 air" cleaner to keep the boss happyer! If i'd have though of it in time we could have traded.Super quite and show room clean on wheels.My thoughts on collecting your dust would be a cardboard box constrution ,quick and easy fabrication and light weight.Around the saw table with a gap between the box and the outside perimiter of the saw to catch what falls in the saw and off the cutting table.Tape could hold it all together and conect your vac umn in the backof it.I can't stand the vacumn noise so i work in the dineing room right next to the a.c. intake with a paper fiter .Works for me . :)