new jet 18 inch saw

rjweb

I was at the wood expo in Charlotte Mi today and they had the new Jet 18" saw there on display next to the 22" saw... The 18" saw looked to have a thin table compared to the 22" saw.. Looked much like the table on my Excalibur other than they had a slot cut through it that ran almost out to the edge of the table.. The 22" saw also has a slot but it is a much wider slot.. Believe Jet is running a sale at the moment.. think it's only 10% off though.. 

Kevin I also looked at the 18" jet today at the expo. I  purchased some Baltic birch plywood for a great price. I also picked put some exotic wood and some other supplies. Saturday I will finish shopping and attend a couple of seminars. Always a great place to go for the deals. I talked to the Kreg rep and I might be able to get some discounts when doing seminars using their products at my local woodworking store. My next seminar is going to be router table basics.

Edited by Woodmaster1

10 hours ago, Woodmaster1 said:

Kevin I also looked at the 18" jet today at the expo. I  purchased some Baltic birch plywood for a great price. I also picked put some exotic wood and some other supplies. Saturday I will finish shopping and attend a couple of seminars. Always a great place to go for the deals. I talked to the Kreg rep and I might be able to get some discounts when doing seminars using their products at my local woodworking store. My next seminar is going to be router table basics.

I was thinking about you yesterday while I was at the event... and thought we should have planned a area / time to meet up.. would have loved to meet up with someone from the village, LOL..  I bought 5 bundle packs of Cherry lumber and a couple of quarter sawn Oak bundles.. I don't saw a lot of Oak but hoping to add some options for my clocks I already make to be from cherry or oak.. Should have bought some Poplar.. Probably should have picked up a few sheets of BB ply but I didn't.. simply because I don't need much of it.. and the pricing for 3-4 sheets isn't much different that buying a lot of sheets at a time.. any time of the year so I passed on that. Where is the seminars you do? I'd like the router info since I've never used one but have interest in getting one and playing..

11 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

I was thinking about you yesterday while I was at the event... and thought we should have planned a area / time to meet up.. would have loved to meet up with someone from the village, LOL..  I bought 5 bundle packs of Cherry lumber and a couple of quarter sawn Oak bundles.. I don't saw a lot of Oak but hoping to add some options for my clocks I already make to be from cherry or oak.. Should have bought some Poplar.. Probably should have picked up a few sheets of BB ply but I didn't.. simply because I don't need much of it.. and the pricing for 3-4 sheets isn't much different that buying a lot of sheets at a time.. any time of the year so I passed on that. Where is the seminars you do? I'd like the router info since I've never used one but have interest in getting one and playing..

The seminars I do are at the Oak Tree Woodworking Store in Huntertown IN. Huntertown is just north of Ft. Wayne. Keith July does router classes at Johnson’s Workbench which is a lot closer.