Introduced Grandson to scrolling

Woodmaster1

I have my kids use the saw as I think it’s perfect tool for young children to be introduced to woodworking. But I know they will show interest for a while lose it for awhile back and forth. Especially  the teen years they probably will lose interest. I will never push anything on them just introduce them to everything I can and let them decide.

but I bet dollars to doughnuts in the long run maybe long after I’m on the other side of the grass they will come back to the little things they were introduced to growing up.

Edited by Brianr24

You can't go wrong introducing a child to the wonderful world of wood working, and I can't think of a better safer tool to start with than a scroll saw.   They can quickly learn to make simple projects which is so important because of the length of their attention span.   Some kids will take more to the craft then others but the main thing is you are building memories that will last a lifetime.   

Edited by stoney

4 hours ago, Bill WIlson said:

Awesome!

How old is he?  My oldest grandson is 9.  He likes to tinker in my shop and I've had him try the scroll saw a couple times.  His patience and attention span are limited, like most 9 year old boys, but next time he visits, I'm going to give him some seat time at the saw.

He is 11 and set there for an hour and 30 minutes. He stopped in today and said he will see me tonight before football practice. Steve Good just posted a great kids project yesterday. It is a rubber band gun it should be great because a gun is what he was freehanding.