REMEMBER 9/11

JTTHECLOCKMAN

I do hope we all take a few minutes and remember 9/11 this Tues. It had an effect on all of us and I am sure it was one of those events we all remember where we were on that crystal clear blue sky day. The aftermath is something we are still paying the price for. Wrote a chapter in the history books that I hope never happens again but it is a reminder of how fragile we all are.

656Sept_11_2001-med.jpg

I still remember exactly where I was.

on a set of knee boards finishing a concrete patio on morton street. Lol.

the home owner came outside with the news. We couldn’t stop she kept updating us with the unbelievable news as it was happening. Sad day. 

Beautiful work tho!

Edited by Brianr24

6 hours ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

I do hope we all take a few minutes and remember 9/11 this Tues. It had an effect on all of us and I am sure it was one of those events we all remember where we were on that crystal clear blue sky day. The aftermath is something we are still paying the price for. Wrote a chapter in the history books that I hope never happens again but it is a reminder of how fragile we all are.

656Sept_11_2001-med.jpg

But also perhaps an indication of how resilient we really can be.

Nicely done and a timely reminder. 

I happened to be working in construction on a 4 story building a couple towns over from where I live. It was a Data center that was putting on a huge addition for office space. I was working on some security for the doors so I was basically half in the building and out. There were plumbers and tin knockers on the roof working on the AC units when one of them leaned over the side of the building and yelled down about a plane hitting the Tower and that the building was on fire and being such a clear day we could see the towers in a distance. All radios started interrupting with news. I went to the roof to see and sure enough we could see and after awhile we saw the first tower fall and could not believe our eyes. One minute 2 towers and then next just one. It was surreal. Once things were figured out what was happening they shut the job down and told us all to go home. But as that happened State Troopers swarmed the lot and shut down the Data center. From what we heard the government had many files and info stored in that building . We got clearance to get off the property. But so many people kept thinking of what the next target was such as bridges and the like and were wondering if they would be driving right into something bad. It was a day that will be forever etched in my mind. That beautiful clear blue sky day and to be able to see the towers with the naked eye from the distance we were.

When I worked in NY for 6 years back in the 80's I use to walk past those towers every day on the way to the building I was working on. Stayed in the Hotel that came down too. Knew a few electricians that worked in those towers. One actually help many people out when that happened. We have learned much from that day but did we learn enough. The idea of the strike was to topple those towers and knock them over. The terrorists did not expect what happened to happen.  Just hope we never see anything like that again. 

We definitely didn't learn enough.  If everyone can remember, we became a united country that day, we all helped each other anyway we could.  17 years later, we are a country where HATE is running rampant...where did all the love go.  I think we all know the answer to that.  Please take a minute and remember the 3,000 lost souls and the responders who continue to die every day because they gave the ultimate gift of love.   THANK YOU.