2016 Hegner $400

kmmcrafts

This is what sucks you in. Price. I live in NJ do know where Hewitt is but if I did not have 4 saws already and a 18" Hegner I would not hesitate. I may put a bid in at $200 and see what happens. Man that is a deal. Surprised no stand if he paid that much. There are 4 saws on that page ranging from $500 to $600 Man today just shop around and you can get a great saw for 1/3 the price.

Edited by JTTHECLOCKMAN

1 hour ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

This is what sucks you in. Price. I live in NJ do know where Hewitt is but if I did not have 4 saws already and a 18" Hegner I would not hesitate. I may put a bid in at $200 and see what happens. Man that is a deal. Surprised no stand if he paid that much. There are 4 saws on that page ranging from $500 to $600 Man today just shop around and you can get a great saw for 1/3 the price.

Once a bid is placed the buy it now price goes away.. ( or at least that is how it used to work ) I used to be a big time eBay seller.. I know how this pricing scheme works.. I used to buy old antique tractor parts from a friend that used to buy out old dealerships that were closing.. Back in the late 90's early 2000 a lot of old dealers were closing up.... There was a particular gearbox that was highly sought after.. I was buying them brand new boxed for $50 used ones was selling for $500.. I'd start the bid at $100 figured someone would get a awesome buy at 100 and I'd double my money.. well the idiot placed a bid.. and the buy  it now disappeared.. he won the auction at $1200... bet he wished he'd just used the buy it now at $100 😂... poor sap didn't know I had 25 of these to list.. but play it smart and not list then all at once.. I waited about a month or so in between listings.. all of those I listed the same way.. and all but one had a bid placed.. 20th one I sold some smart sap just used the buy it now, LOL

8 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Ya know, even if you had to pay a couple hundred to have it shipped, that's a great price. I will say this though, knowing what I now know about Hegner saws, I'd really have to be able to try it out. Run it, start it, cut with it. They are a different breed from what most folks are used to. 

Edited by octoolguy