Can anybody give any feedback on this air filter?

OCtoolguy

After reading another thread regarding air cleaning, I got to thinking about adding an air filter to my shop. I found this one on Amazon. Can anybody give me a thumbs up or down on it?

https://www.amazon.com/WEN-3410-3-Speed-Remote-Controlled-Filtration/dp/B00LPD9BDI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1539110839&sr=8-3&keywords=workshop+air+filter&dpID=51yk6KdhUkL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Edited by octoolguy

Bought this filter about one year ago and you will not believe the amount of dust this unit collected, I vacuumed the paper filter monthly and the material filter inside is still like new, nothing seems to go through. The only bit of problem that I had with it, it seems that the remote was affected by another remote, they send me a new remote and all is well now. Will recommend the unit and give it 5 stars.

4 minutes ago, scrollerpete said:

Bought this filter about one year ago and you will not believe the amount of dust this unit collected, I vacuumed the paper filter monthly and the material filter inside is still like new, nothing seems to go through. The only bit of problem that I had with it, it seems that the remote was affected by another remote, they send me a new remote and all is well now. Will recommend the unit and give it 5 stars.

Thanks Pete. I appreciate your input.

Actually, if you look closely, the Wen, the Powertec, and the Shopfox are all pretty much the same. The Wen gets good reviews though. My old Jet AF400 is the same one, and it has been running for over 6 years.

I was glad to see the new ones come out, as I could get the outer filters again - albeit they're around $10 per filter. Before that I had made a frame where I could cut and use the 3M Firltration filters in it.

5 hours ago, tgiro said:

Actually, if you look closely, the Wen, the Powertec, and the Shopfox are all pretty much the same. The Wen gets good reviews though. My old Jet AF400 is the same one, and it has been running for over 6 years.

I was glad to see the new ones come out, as I could get the outer filters again - albeit they're around $10 per filter. Before that I had made a frame where I could cut and use the 3M Firltration filters in it.

Yeah I just took a better look and I think that is the same one I have other than color.

I looked at all the different brands and prices. They all look very similar but the difference seems to be in the CFM. The Wen is much less that most others but for a shop the size of mine, I don't think it will matter. I'm going out now to collect cans and bottles so I can save up for it. Soon I hope.,

18 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

This is the one I bought.. If you wait a while.. Grizzly usually runs a holiday sale from like Nov thru Dec.. I only gave $89 for mine.... Not saying they'll offer it for that price again but holiday sales are coming.. as well as black friday

Grizzly WILL NOT ship to Cali. I bought one last year and before they shipped they cancelled the because to it is going stupid Calif.

I ended up buying this WEN from Amazon.

I like it. I haven't had any issues in one year. I have a VERY small working area and it keeps the fine dust to a min. Of course I don't cut anywhere near all of. 

I recommend this WEN.

Good luck

Sam

7 minutes ago, Sam777 said:

Grizzly WILL NOT ship to Cali. I bought one last year and before they shipped they cancelled the because to it is going stupid Calif.

I ended up buying this WEN from Amazon.

I like it. I haven't had any issues in one year. I have a VERY small working area and it keeps the fine dust to a min. Of course I don't cut anywhere near all of. 

I recommend this WEN.

Good luck

Sam

There was probably a study done that found pregnant unicorns got cancer for the paint on the Grizzly's.

I bought the Grizzly version of this and I think it is basically the same thing. I buy Wen filters from Amazon for it and they fit perfectly. Also, I took a $15 box fan and cable tied a furnace filter to it and it sucks up a ton of stuff, about as much as the more expensive hanging version. The timer on the hanging unit is key for me.