Misc. Stuff

Rockytime

I don't have much to post. Have not scrolled the last several days as we had out of state visitors. Being bored today I'm just gonna post this and that.

Went o HF this Click to choose files afternoon and picked up this magnetic tool tray for the Hawk. The saw really likes it. It was smiling at me while I put it on the saw. 

My hawk is elevated front and back with 2" casters. I want to tilt the saw, hence the 6" casters. Replacing the 2" casters at the rear the saw will be elevated 4" giving me the tilt. If it is too much I can replace with 5" casters. I'm thinking I will be more comfortable with a vertical view rather than a more horizontal type view.

The third photo is a Steve Good pattern I just downloaded. Just hoping someone can make a very similar pattern that says, "Home Sweet Harbor Freight." Perhaps I can bribe the manager to sell me the display model 9" band saw real cheap. It has parts missing and makes a very poor looking display. I want it because it has a cast iron table which I want. Mine has an aluminum table which will not allow me to make a magnetic fence.

The last photo is hardly worth the bragging section What I have been doing lately is downloading old familiar logos, signs, etc to cut for my own amusement. Probably to just cover up any bare spots on the garage walls.

1-20181021_140009.jpg

2-20181021_135957.jpg

1-20181021_141800.jpg

3-20181020_160406.jpg

1 hour ago, Rockytime said:

Works very well. I have very little dust on the table.

Are those hose hold downs magnetic Les? That looks like a great idea. I think I might incorporate something like that on my EX. As for your wheels, I bought 8" wheels with plastic centers and rubber tires. The axle hole is 1/2" so it raise the rear of my saw 4". I didn't want to put them under a platform. I guess that's what you are going to do?

20180908_112831.jpg