2 new scroll saws in a week

jjammo1

I really did it. My Craftsman 18 in saw had to be replaced. Got another one just like it at Sears since I couldn't manage my dream saw " Dewalt DW788" at the time. Afterwards I found a used Dewalt on Craigslist and was able to get the price I needed. Now I have my dream saw and a new Craftsman for a backup. Still have to tell my wife. Anyway I love the DW788 and reteaching myself how to cut with it. Can't believe how smooth it is. Another great thing is meeting a new friend scrollsawyer that I got the saw from just down the road. (8by10woodworking.com) Thanks Bill. I thought I was the only sawyer in the area.

Art ,You are the best at finding these dw788 fix it links ,chance found good ones to.They are the best.Looks like some thinking went into these machine on the drawing table,compated to the chinese versons of a scroll saw.This is invalueable for the do it your selfer(me).I'd like to open one up just to sit in awe at somebodys idea of makeing a good scroll saw finally.Great post Art.! :)