User Gallery

Foxfold

Today I decided to create a User Gallery, which I did. It's called ''Foxfold Creations'' (artistic don't you think?) 🤣

Anyway, I've tried putting pictures on there, but ,,, I now have 60+ pictures in my 'Attachments' file but nothing in my 'Album'

Is there a kind soul out there that could talk me through what I'm doing wrong. Or is there a step by step guide somewhere that I can read ?

Thanks

It looks to me like you uploaded the pictures to your album description, not to your actual album.  I see 7 pictures in the description.  So what you'll need to do:

1. Go to the Gallery (http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/gallery/)
  2. Click Add Photos or Patterns
  3. Choose Use An Existing Album
  4. Select your album then click Use Selected Album
  5. Upload your pictures.  
  6. Click on a picture to add additional information, such as title, description, pattern designer, etc.
  7. When you're done adding the information to each picture, click Submit All Images button in the bottom right corner.

Let me know if you run into any troubles.

I've done all asked, and it 'ticks' the photo and then although it says in the top left that it is uploading, it actually doesn't do anything else, it's as though it gets stuck there.  Ahh well,  I must be doing something wrong, I'll try again later as after 3 tries I'm a little disheartened. Patience isn't my greatest virtue 🤣

31 minutes ago, meflick said:

Maybe @Travis can help you out with figuring out where its going wrong- or at least get them moved into your album if he has some time.

Lovely thought, thank you.  I don't want to make work for anyone and it's not 'vital',  in fact I think I saw something about 'Internet Explorer' and problems in the Support tab. I'll have to go and have a look.

Internet explorer has always been a problem with SSV because Internet Explorer isn't W3 compliant (basically the rules that govern the internet).  Google Chrome and Firefox are much better with compliance and update on a regular basis.  As a result, they have the newer technologies and treat the web formatting better than IE.

I removed the pictures from your album description and put them inside the album.  

I added a step 7 in the instructions above for a little extra clarity.  But it should do the trick.  Let me know if you still have troubles.

Tried again, several times, to no avail.

However, I've had a 'brainstorm' 😲  

I'll use my husbands computer, he has Chrome running on his, so I should be able to do it from there.  Now why didn't I think of that before ???  I'll do it later as I have visitors here this morning and 3 lessons to teach before it gets dark !!

@Travis  Thank you so much for all your help, I know you must be busy enough without pandering to a woman on a mission 😆  -  I do appreciate it.   Brenda xx

Edited by Foxfold