First time using Purple Heart

Trka2002

Just finished this one. I cut it out of Purple Heart. I think it turned out good considering it was the first time I used this wood. One think I learned, it seemed to be really hard on blades. Used more blades than I usually do on a project this size. I wish I would have kept track, I am curious just how many I used. 

F0FADB66-C2FD-4995-9391-CDD4ABB98450.jpeg

Beautiful job.  I hadn't thought of cutting it on Purple Heart but it looks amazing.  However, you are correct it is a very hard wood, and as a result, you will go through a lot of blades.  In this instance it paid off though.  Thanks for sharing.  That is one of my all time favorite hymns, and I have that pattern to try one day. I hope mine turns out half as good as yours seems to.

3 hours ago, wombatie said:

Beautiful.  You did an excellent job.  I love Purple Heart it is my second favorite but I cant' get large pieces.

Marg

I was amazed to find it as decking timber at Mitre10 (Kiwi Bunnings) a while back.   Not sure I would choose it for decking but at $16 a metre, I bought a bit to muck around with.  They are now discontinuing it though so I should pick up a bit more before it's all gone.

Rob

20 hours ago, Rob said:

I was amazed to find it as decking timber at Mitre10 (Kiwi Bunnings) a while back.   Not sure I would choose it for decking but at $16 a metre, I bought a bit to muck around with.  They are now discontinuing it though so I should pick up a bit more before it's all gone.

Rob

That is amazing Rob.  Get your butt down there and buy as much as you can.  :)

Marg