Basket 2019 a Steve Good pattern

Denny Knappen

Came out very nice. Very easy to get aligned and keep aligned if you make a jig. All it would be is 2 pieces of wood at a 90 degrees to each other. Now lay your pieces in the corner and they should all line up if you cutting is good. I would glue that group up first and then add the top and bottom. Easier that way because of the various curves. 

11 hours ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

Came out very nice. Very easy to get aligned and keep aligned if you make a jig. All it would be is 2 pieces of wood at a 90 degrees to each other. Now lay your pieces in the corner and they should all line up if you cutting is good. I would glue that group up first and then add the top and bottom. Easier that way because of the various curves. 

Thanks John.  I just used the eyes to make sure it was aligned.

Just now, Denny Knappen said:

I didn't use any stains, just spray Shellac.  Show pictures when finished.

I cut my top and bottom pieces out of the same BB ply that the weave was cut from.  I'll probably just keep them natural and rattlecan varnish them, and stain the top and bottom pieces a dark walnut.  I'll post the finish pics in the Monthly Challenge thread, probably.