Foliate Viking....cut in Poplar

Scrolling Steve

Ah, Steve, you really "one upped me" on this.  Great job and I don't see any needed extra branches or off color glue ons.   great job.  I am pretty sure I will re-cut this pattern one of these days. 

The other question I have is what does one do now.  Needs something to mount or hang on.  I thought it might look neat if one had a slab of  a tree with bark on.  Carve/cut out an area this would fit snugly in so it gave the impression this guy was carved into the slab.  When I go to the Oregon Coast this summer I am going to have a look for a piece of drift wood that might work.

Very nice work, Steve.  Which on are you going to do next?

Edited by Scrappile

2 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Ah, Steve, you really "one upped me" on this.  Great job and I don't see any needed extra branches or off color glue ons.   great job.  I am pretty sure I will re-cut this pattern one of these days. 

The other question I have is what does one do now.  Needs something to mount or hang on.  I thought it might look neat if one had a slab of  a tree with bark on.  Carve/cut out an area this would fit snugly in so it gave the impression this guy was carved into the slab.  When I go to the Oregon Coast this summer I am going to have a look for a piece of drift wood that might work.

Very nice work, Steve.  Which on are you going to do next?

Paul, I got lucky and saw the floater early....I am finishing up the  Bee on the honey comb and the double dragon...your idea of the live edge wood sounds good !

• 2 weeks later...