Steve Good ornament

Be_O_Be

7 hours ago, rdatelle said:

Must be hard to cut a circle out of the glass mirror.

Purchased them at a craft store to make hand mirrors, they have an assortment of sizes.

2 hours ago, OzarkSawdust said:

What wood and finish did you use?

I believe it to be cherry. Just a coat of spray can shellac.

On 10/13/2019 at 9:53 AM, Be_O_Be said:

Kevin, these are glass mirrors. Craft stores have pre -cut rounds from 1"- 8" for about $1.50 for a 5" mirror. I watch the ads for a 40% off coupon.

First, beautiful job on these.  Thanks for sharing.

Second, you noted you “watch” for the “ads for a 40% off coupon.” Not sure what “craft store” you were referring to, and which ones  you might have in your area (or anyone else reading) but wanted to say in case you were unaware that almost all of the craft stores have weekly email coupons or coupons online on their websites for at least 40% off, often 50% and on occasion, more. Also, many of them will take their competitors coupons. You can usually sign up online or in store to get the emails but if you don’t want the daily emails some of them generate, you can usually logon to their website and locate that week’s coupon. In my area, we have Michaels, JoAnn’s, AC Moore and Hobby Lobby and they all have a weekly coupon and will take the other’s. Some will let you use one of theirs, and then some competitors in same transaction. (Not on same item, but different items. You just have to ask.) just wanted to let you guys know that if you were unaware. I know sometimes in my area, there are no printed coupons but I always get one by email almost weekly from all of them.

Edited by meflick
typos (and probably still missed one or two!)