Waylon Jennings

Charlie E

14 hours ago, Charlie E said:

Thank you. Yes it is! 😁 I still have a 24 slot 8 track case I carried in my car back in the day. I’m thinking my tape deck was aftermarket, under dash. 😁

I'm thinking and looking at turn-tables.  Going back that way.  My main concern is if I buy an older one could it get tubes/needles for it...  I have a big box of 33's from when I was a teenybopper, some great jazz and I have one called African Drums, that is what the whole record is and another that is just the sound of drag racing cars taking off the line.  I use to be able to name they type of engine just by the sound.  Not any more I am sure.

2 hours ago, Scrappile said:

I'm thinking and looking at turn-tables.  Going back that way.  My main concern is if I buy an older one could it get tubes/needles for it...  I have a big box of 33's from when I was a teenybopper, some great jazz and I have one called African Drums, that is what the whole record is and another that is just the sound of drag racing cars taking off the line.  I use to be able to name the type of engine just by the sound.  Not any more I am sure.

Drag racing, sounds to drift off to sleep by. 😁

6 hours ago, MarieC said:

Charlie, as always, great work!  I think I may have told you that I, too, got to see him sing when I was at the University of Montana.  I was in the ROTC program and worked as an usher so I was able to get in for free :)

No, you didn’t tell me. At Opryland we were told he was just there to record a live song or two, but because so many people were there waiting in a drizzling rain he did a whole concert. True or not it made for a good memory. 🙂

Nice cut!  Is that a pattern of yours?  Nevermind,, I found your post of the pattern on March 30th.  

I was on vacation last week and had plenty of things to do on MY list, but they didn't match anything on my WIFE'S list!  We ended up remodeling our master bathroom,, I didn't see that coming.  

I have a Toby Keith pattern still waiting to be cut and a couple more memorial wooden trucks to make.. and now another Waylon to cut!  LOL      I promise you Merle and Willie, I will find a pattern of you both to cut soon!  

Edited by flarud