No Clamps

lawson56

I was having some slipping issues the other day,My upper clamp wasn"t holding.I did have a spare in my parts bin,I salvaged from my other saws,but I thought I would order a set just to have theme should I need them.Well I found out they are no longer carried ereplacement parts.the outfit that covers Delta.Does anyone know of any other parts comp,?

CLAMP KNOB.jpg

I just ordered a part for my Delta TS after Delta support sent me to these guys. They say they are a national distributor /supplier for several brands.

http://leneavesupply.com/

After speaking with them and looking at their shop, they may be a new supplier for various parts and stuff.

Also have you tried ereplacements.com?

https://www.toolpartsdirect.com

Hope one of those help

Edited by new2woodwrk

I'm not really sure what saw you're using.. But I found Ray at Seyco was way cheaper then eReplacement parts was for those Thumb  / Set screw kits.. I was using a DeWalt.. But the screws for the Excalibur are the same.. NOTE: if it's still the same way.. a "KIT" replaces both upper and lower.. funny but I didn't know that and wanted to replace both plus have a extra set on hand.. lest just say I on't need to order any for a very long time..LOL

You do know you can buy just the swivel ends right? Seyco sells just the swivel.. as long as the thread are in good shape you can just replace the tips.. IF the threads are worn... odds are the clamp head threads are weak too..and I'd suggest replacing it or adding a thread insert.. You may try roughing up the tips with sandpaper.. if that don't work.. You may also have spread the clamp head apart and new screws etc won't help that..