PARADISE again!

amazingkevin

22 hours ago, meflick said:

Awesome work there Kevin.  Sure your repeat customer will be back for more projects.

Thanks Meflick!!! She has a vacumn store and plenty of room for my stuff which she gladly displays and sells.hervdaughtet is an art teacher who just fools around with coating things in epoxy period.

On 5/15/2020 at 6:42 PM, amazingkevin said:

Repeat customer now wants an outside version of the same. Lucky me the Marine Carpenters threw away P.T.3/4"x2"x8' long pieces cut from many big wide boards. So right away I knew this will work for her. I hand planned the front and sanded, the back just sanded.will 123 zinzeer primer sealer tomorrow .thanks for looking 2' x15' glued with titebond 2 glue.W-E-E-T-R & P were cut with a spiral as I couldn,t urn the 2' wood.

IMG_20200515_182807030.jpg

IMG_20200515_182822040.jpg

Nice cutting

hum iv never had any problumes with the spiral blades...you have to go a bit slower because if you go to fast and the blade wavers off the line your wood gets cut because all sides of the spiral are cutting edges... unlike with just the normal blades. I like the spirals as it makes it easer for me to cut some things...espicaly the larger projects that I have trouble turning.  but I have to remember to go slower...when I first started using them I would get some parts cut where I ddnt want it cut but like they say practice makes perfect...now when Im cutting with the spirals I remind myself constently that the blade cuts on all sides!! I just hate it when I forget that and end up making a cut where there isn't suppose to be a cut....then you have to look at the project and see what you can do to mask the mastake, make it part of the project so no one knows you made a mastake or make something different then what you started out to make... and if worse comes to worse I just salvage what pieces of wood I can still use to make small projects and toss the rest...….if it dosnt rain tomarrow im going to go out back and look at all those twigs and tree brances we have in a huge pile in the back yard and see what I might be able to u se to make someing….I mean you cant just let all that good wood go to  waist!!  I do have a few ideas.... like making perches for the really small layered birds I make....and maybe I can incorporate some into fret or layered patterns or something... i'll just have to keep thiking on it but oh!! if any of you hve any suggestions as to things to do with the twigs and branches im always willing to listen lol  and now my show is almost over so id best get off here and try to get something done today lol 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2020 at 10:30 PM, spirithorse said:

Nice work, Kevin!
I just cut a pattern that was too large to turn on my saw but, instead of
resorting to spirals (which I knew would end up being a disaster) I just
drilled entry holes on the top of the letters and at the bottom of the letters
so that I could cut part way around in a clockwise direction and then
half way around in a counter clockwise direction to complete the cut,

That worked out well for me with this particular project.

Also, a member of Scrollsaw Woodworking and Crafts magazine mentioned
years ago that on occasion, he put the blade in his saw backwards so that he
could pull the wood toward him to cut rather than pushing to wood back toward the throat.
I have used that on occasion also but, must really go slow and carefully because it is
uncomfortable. You know what I mean, just not the way we have trained our minds to do things.

God Bless! Spirithorse

Ah yes!!!! i used to do that in my early days not knowing about spirals!!! Thanks for looking Bob!!!