Hello Everyone

DJ2772

Hello all,

I got started in scrolling about 15 years ago when I saw a neat ringed bowl that a family friend had made and was hooked since then. I used an old beat up saw that was at a DIY woodworking center and later found an RBI Hawk for sale that I jumped on. While I haven't been scrolling nonstop this entire time, I have done a few projects that I'm proud of and have recently finished chess set pieces (still have to do the board!) that I had been working on the past 5 years. What that project taught me was: stop putting off something I could have done in a month and NEVER work 1.5" x 1.5" ebony ever again! Anyway, I look forward to learning from this portal of knowledge and progressing in my hobby as a woodworker.

Cheers,

Dave

Hello all, All the way from the Great White North in northern Ontario, and ever since my very good friend Gave me his old Delta scroll saw, and seeing his exquisite work, I became hooked, and I must have made 10 simple patterns in the first week.

I am still doing simple stuff as my saw blades are "wobbling", and making cuts harder. My friend said it's time to replace it as he has tightened it as much as he could.

Well still using it as I am still shopping and saving for the right one, lots of choices.

Glad to be with you all.

Keep smilin' and take care

Welcome to the Village. As said above, there is a mountain of knowledge here. Just ask and you will be answered. This forum is very well attended at pretty much all hours of the day. Also, I know for me, and I'll bet the others too, would all like to see the chess set you have spent 5 years working on. Pics make all things believable. Glad you found us.