Hello All

Thechizu13

My name is Jennifer.  I live in a small town in Virginia. I just got started with learning scroll saw work last year. Tried my hand at with my dad's shopsmith scroll saw and loved it. Now I own a Dewalt and love it. I have always helped my dad with woodworking or house projects growing up. Took me a while to find my hobby but I'm not going back now.   Excited to learn more as I go. Unfortunately, I don't have a very large workshop area since I have a small townhouse. Can't wait to buy a different house with an actual dedicated woodshop area. 

I've made a Facebook page showing my work thus far. https://www.facebook.com/Dog-Dragon-Woodcraft-108423967382470. Haven't updated it in a while since my current projects are Christmas presents for family and I've been dealing with a severe health issue with my dog. But hoping that 2021 will be a better year all around, as the rest of the world is I'm sure. 

I'm not very active on forums yet but like talking with others to learn or just to get to know others with similar interests. 

Happy to be here. 

Jennifer

Welcome to the Village Jennifer, it's a great place with lovely, knowledgeable people always willing to help.

Sorry to hear you have health issues with your pet, hope all resolves itself. 

Went to your FB page, your work looks good. Lucky you to be able to get together with family in July, that's a great photo. I envy you, I've not seen my kids since last March as my husband is on the 'At Risk' register and we daren't chance it. We do see them regular on Facetime though, and that's a joy.

Hey Jenifer. Welcome to the Village lots of great people here. I am from Va. I grew up in Richmond. Still have a brother that lives there. I am way over here in Oklahoma. But enjoy your time here and ask lots of questions. I went to your Facebook Page. really cool stuff. I have a Facebook page also https://www.facebook.com/Mimi.Lord.All.is.Wood Have a great day and Happy Scrolling.

Mimi

On 11/21/2020 at 4:20 AM, Foxfold said:

Welcome to the Village Jennifer, it's a great place with lovely, knowledgeable people always willing to help.

Sorry to hear you have health issues with your pet, hope all resolves itself. 

Went to your FB page, your work looks good. Lucky you to be able to get together with family in July, that's a great photo. I envy you, I've not seen my kids since last March as my husband is on the 'At Risk' register and we daren't chance it. We do see them regular on Facetime though, and that's a joy.

My dog is overall doing well but it will be a long battle for her depending on treatment options.

Thank you.  I didn't visit with my family for long in July. Unfortunately we were also meeting to grieve the death of a family member.  I'm not very close with my extended family. I have seen the rest of my family much less this year than in previous.   That is tough to not see your kids for that long. Hopefully things will get better for everyone and you can see your kids sooner. Facetime is nice but nothing like the in person.