Foot Switch for a Carbatec 21, which I believe is the same as an Excalibur

Adrian A

Hi Adrian and welcome to the Village from SE North Carolina. Most any saw can be used with a foot switch. The foot switch is plugged into the electrical outlet and then the saw is plugged into the foot switch. When you press and release the foot switch, you are simply cutting the electricity on and off to the saw. You didn't mention where you are from but if you are in the states, the Harbor Freight foot switch is recommended by many because of the low cost. I personally use a WEN. The cost wasn't but a few dollars more and it came with a 2-year warranty. I'm not familiar with the Carbatec but I'm sure other members here will let you know if I'm wrong about this saw's ability to be used with a foot switch. There is a lot of experience here at the Village and they are more than willing to give advice and guidance. Please share photos of your work.

14 hours ago, Dak0ta52 said:

Hi Adrian and welcome to the Village from SE North Carolina. Most any saw can be used with a foot switch. The foot switch is plugged into the electrical outlet and then the saw is plugged into the foot switch. When you press and release the foot switch, you are simply cutting the electricity on and off to the saw. You didn't mention where you are from but if you are in the states, the Harbor Freight foot switch is recommended by many because of the low cost. I personally use a WEN. The cost wasn't but a few dollars more and it came with a 2-year warranty. I'm not familiar with the Carbatec but I'm sure other members here will let you know if I'm wrong about this saw's ability to be used with a foot switch. There is a lot of experience here at the Village and they are more than willing to give advice and guidance. Please share photos of your work.

Hi Dave and thanks for the quick response, I am actually based in Australia and have found it a little difficult in getting local information in regards to the foot switch controller. My machine is a Carbatec 21 as I previously said and my understanding that it is just a re-badged Excalibur, with a voltage change to suit Australian requirements. The information that you have supplied is as I thought, however my machine is fitted with an isolator switch and I am thinking that the foot switch will need to be fitted between the isolator and the machine! I will take some photos of my machine so that it is better understood.  Thanks again

Hi Dave and thanks for the quick response, I am actually based in Australia and have found it a little difficult in getting local information in regards to the foot switch controller. My machine is a Carbatec 21 as I previously said and my understanding that it is just a re-badged Excalibur, with a voltage change to suit Australian requirements. The information that you have supplied is as I thought, however my machine is fitted with an isolator switch and I am thinking that the foot switch will need to be fitted between the isolator and the machine! I will take some photos of my machine so that it is better understood.  Thanks again

Rodney, Sorry I got your name wrong, I’m a new user and I think I put my reply in the wrong place

Welcome to the Village Adrian.  I also come from Australia but I'm sorry I cannot help you, I have never used a foot switch.  May I suggest that you speak to the guys at Carbatec they are usually very helpful, I know the guys in Melbourne are.

Marg

Edited by wombatie

6 hours ago, Adrian A said:

Rodney, Sorry I got your name wrong, I’m a new user and I think I put my reply in the wrong place

Not a problem, Adrian. I was guessing that was what happened. Sorry you haven't gotten more responses but I agree with Marg. The people at Carbatec can let you know if a foot switch can be used and if so, if any switch will work or if you need something special because of the different voltage than what we have here in the US.