name and a rose

Wichman

30 minutes ago, RabidAlien said:

Very nice!!! 

Retention is one of my big hurdles, too.  :)  I have to re-watch the videos every time I put together a word-in-a-word pattern.  LOL

You're not alone, I do a lot of word-in-a-word stuff and still, after all this time have Travis' video running in the background. 🤣

Great job, Wichita. You did great on the plan and the cutting is spot on. I cut Steve's pattern for my mother last Mother's Day and I cut it using 1 inch pine. The flex in the blades caused me to cut through the thin strips towards the bottom of the piece. (Only the second or third piece I ever cut.) It still came out nice and my mother was happy so all was well. I've been trying to learn Inkscape and Gimp. Going through the videos in the Village University. Travis did a great job explaining but like you mentioned, retention is an issue... especially trying to learn two different programs.

8 hours ago, Foxfold said:

You're not alone, I do a lot of word-in-a-word stuff and still, after all this time have Travis' video running in the background. 🤣

I'm running Linux on my computer, and I picked up a used second monitor for cheap. I set them up to display side by side so I can watch the video (or pause) without having to switch tabs.