Birthday Gift.

wombatie

Ooooo...what a good guy! That's awesome! Have fun with your new toy. I'd just use some paste wax (no silicone) the same way you would a DeWalt (clean with WD40 or similar oil). That treatment is pretty common with any tool surface to keep it from rusting and help the work to slide better.

Hi Marge.

I was due to get an Excalibur in a couple of weeks and I may still get it. I bought a second hand DeWalt 788 yesterday for $100 and it is like new now it has had some TLC. I have done a bit of research on the Excalibur and you should not need to protect the table at all as it has been resin coated. You may want to apply a wax though that is specially made for tables on scroll saws, band saws, saw tables etc. I find it a huge difference on my lathe bed and re-coat every few months for a really smooth operation. I would try cutting a few things first on your scroll saw and then see if you really need to apply a wax. By the way, the wax I use also prevents any moisture from getting to the table so it will be a good thing if there is any damp where you are working. Hope you enjoy your new saw and that you produce some lovely works of art. Take care and God bless.

Geoff.