Editing Zooming Out Of A Close-up Photo?

At one time I used to know a way to do this but for the live of me I can't figure out what I did back in the day. 

Etsy changed the photo formatt requirements.. Many of my listings are "made to order" so it's not a matter of just going and retaking a photo for me. Does anyone know how to edit a photo to sort of zoom out so the photo isn't cut off in the square format.. See my screenshot to see what I mean.. Many of my photos on the main page are cut off like this.. I need to edit a lot of them.. some I can just retake.. some are made to order or shrinkwrap sealed and rather not open and have to rewrap them.  Prefer inkscape instructions unless there is something easier.. I do have gimp too if that works.. or some other free program. Just saying I already have inkscape and gimp but I know more with inkscapes buttons etc, LOL

See how the Semi truck front end is cut off.. and the Aussie dogs face is cut off.. This is what I need to try to fix.. hopefully without retaking photos.. They used to have a more rectangle photo and back then I had to edit some to zoom in.. now I need to reverse that. LOL 

A1 Etsy.png

I figured out that I can open up a correct sized pix image of a white background in inkscape and then load the image into inkscape and combine them and size / center image within that background does what I need.. Only took me about 5 hours to figure that out, LOL

Goes pretty fast too since I only need to edit the first image of each listing..