Hello from Farmington, NM. Newly retired, scroll saw Noob.

JonH

Greetings all!

Just retired a couple weeks ago.  Was gifted a 1994 Hegner Multimax-22V five or six years ago. Had hoped to get it up and running (and figured out) in time for some Christmas gifts.  I didn't do enough research before hand and built a nice wooden stand for it.  The stand looked and worked great with the Hegner at rest, but put power to it and it was walking all over the place.  Replaced the casters with 1.5" of laminated MDF that would be screwed down to the concrete garage floor, and triple reinforced all of the half-inch birch plywood.  That stand is much sturdier now, and easily 100 pounds or so.  After screwing it down to the concrete floor there is no vibration of any part of the tool except for the table, which is a problem.  I can use it effectively at 1500rpm with the table vibrating very little.  Still need to figure out how to dampen it further.  The table tilt pivot points are secured so not sure what else I can do.  The vibrations are really bad 800-1200rpm and 1600+rpm.  Any suggestions?