New Here

kcortese

Hello to all you nice people.

I have a Delta 2 speed 16" Scroll Saw. I've had it for 3 years now, and only cut letters and numbers on it so far. I create custom rustic log signs and sell them as a vendor at local events in NW Pennsylvania. I will like to start scrolling other items, and joined this forum for some ideas. I'm new at this and want to learn more.

I tend to break a lot of blades because some of the wood is very hard and thick. I even purchases blade lubricant with no help. I adjust, and adjust the tension, but the blades still break.

Does anyone else own a Delta Model 40-560 2 speed 16" Scroll Saw?

The upper clamp screw got stripped out and I ordered (4) from ReplacementParts.com They are backordered of course, and I don't know how long it will take to get them. You can order parts here, but it takes forever to get them.

I also scrolled and carved a couple of clocks, here they are.

Comments are very welcome.

Karen

Hi Karen ,Nice work on the carveings,Your a master at it!.I am prone to pick up my blades by the very ends and the oil from my skin gets on the blades and causes a slight lose of tenstion at start up.I conpensate for this by snuging up the tenstion a little as i saw.When they are lose the just keep getting loser and loser and break. :)

• 5 weeks later...

I appoligize for the late reply to everone who was nice enough to take the time and comment on the clocks, and welcome me.

Thank all of you for the kind comments!

The hen and bear clocks were sold but still have the rooster. Guess the right person didn't see it yet.

I haven't done any carving since I make these.

I never know what art project will pop into my brain from day to day. I'm spontanious when it comes to creating art.

This week is creating scroll patterns and trying my hand at scrolled items with my scroll saw. I am currently working on a new scroll pattern, almost done with it.

Once again, thank ALL of you nice people.

Karen