Scroll Saw Maintenance

oldhudson

I wondered how members track the hours they put on equipment before performing maintenance. (A lot of manuals have maintenance requirements in hours of use.)

I have a Delta 40-540 and wondered if folks with similar or identical scroll saws could review their maintenance schedual.

I don't use my scroll saw very often but I'm really involved with a wooden gear clock and I starting to rack up some serious time on the scroll saw. I'm not a good maintenance person as I often put off that stuff.

Thanks.

I run em till I notice something wrong like the blade tensioner numbers keep getting higher and higher when I tighten the blade.New the saw numbers will be around 1 to 1.5.on a dewalt,when it starts in the 2's I know it's time for some checking of loose or worn parts.Now the Chinese saws I know to replace bearings when I can't adjust the tension  and more.It all depends on the useage of the saw and types of woods cut in it.hard woods of corse are gong to take it's toll on the machine much faster than balsa wood or pith. :) None of the scroll saws I used lasted a year with all the cutting I do,lol :)