Bumping Threads

Travis

I came to SSV today to read about the goings-ons with SSV. I came to 4 pages of bumped threads from really old discussions. Unfortunately, nothing was added to the conversation other than "thanks" and "interesting." I'm probably not alone in thinking this is annoying. Especially when current conversations get buried 4-5 pages deep.

Here's where I'm torn. I really like it when folks go through the archives and discover new items. I like it when they bump the thread if it contains really good info, or if they have something to contribute to the conversation. Sharing knowledge is awesome! That's the reason I started SSV.

I don't want to discourage anybody from bumping old threads. But please don't get carried away. Some threads are just better left in the archives.

Hey Travis, I hope this is not directed at me. I love going through the old posts and I only try to bring them to the attention of others if I think it is interesting enough and others will enjoy them as I do. If I am a problem in any way, PLEASE PM me any time. If I am aware of doing anything annoying or disruptive, I need to know. That is never my intent. 

Hey Travis, I hope this is not directed at me. I love going through the old posts and I only try to bring them to the attention of others if I think it is interesting enough and others will enjoy them as I do. If I am a problem in any way, PLEASE PM me any time. If I am aware of doing anything annoying or disruptive, I need to know. That is never my intent.

Nope. This wasn't directed to you. The other day, 100+ threads were bumped, which buried current conversations. You only bump a couple every once in awhile, which is awesome because you find some real gems. You don't have to worry. You're doing things just fine. ;)