Posting Help

oldhudson

Today I tried to add a post and pics to Works in Progress and had some problems. It was a lengthy narrative and as I worked I got to a place where I'd type but nothing appeared on the screen? Is there a character limit and if so is there a counter somewhere I should be be paying attention to? And if there is no character limit do you have any idea what may have happened.

Regarding the pics. It seemed like I could only add pics at the end of a post as opposed to in the middle of the text. My recollection is that posts have pictures all at the end but with my memory - who knows.

If these issues have been addressed in previous threads, help me find them.

Thank you!

Today I tried to add a post and pics to Works in Progress and had some problems. It was a lengthy narrative and as I worked I got to a place where I'd type but nothing appeared on the screen? Is there a character limit and if so is there a counter somewhere I should be be paying attention to? And if there is no character limit do you have any idea what may have happened.

Nope. There shouldn't be a character limit. I'm not sure what happened on your computer. If it's a lengthy post, I'd copy and paste it into a word document as backup before hitting submit. Goodness knows I've been in the same situation on other websites.

Regarding the pics. It seemed like I could only add pics at the end of a post as opposed to in the middle of the text. My recollection is that posts have pictures all at the end but with my memory - who knows.

For placing pictures in the post, after you've attached the pic, place your curser where you want to insert the picture and click the link next to your picture that says "Add To Post." That will insert the picture wherever your curser is.

Travis (or any Admin person whose reading these) let me ask one more question please. When starting a new thread/topic under, the Text Box, is the tool for adding pictures. But yesterday I joined a on-going thread/topic and didn't see any way to add a picture. So how is it done?

And thanks for you patience with someone whose technologically impaired.

Travis (or any Admin person whose reading these) let me ask one more question please. When starting a new thread/topic under, the Text Box, is the tool for adding pictures. But yesterday I joined a on-going thread/topic and didn't see any way to add a picture. So how is it done?

And thanks for you patience with someone whose technologically impaired.

At the bottom of the thread, you'll see a text box.  This is a quick reply box.  For more features, click the button next to Post that says "More Reply Options"  This will take you to a full featured posting page, which includes file attachments.

• 2 weeks later...