Hello From Rushville, In.

rbarfield

Most if the projects I do is portraits. I make my patterns using Picasa 3. I've posted some of the wood portraits for you all to see. In time I'll be looking at the work you all have posted. I'm looking forward to learning from you all. Things may be a little slow now that winter is just around the corner. It takes a lot to heat my shop with wood. Looking forward to all this sight has to offer!!

Roy Barfield

post-20275-0-12426800-1384539353_thumb.jpg

AHa! Looks like were getting more top notch members here. Roys making a big step in the right direction finding us !We will be looking to ask him about the many tips and tricks he's learned  with his experience through the years scrolling.Welcome aboard!

Thank you Kevin! I'll do my best to share things I've learned. There's lots of great scrollers on here, and I'm happy to be here.

I also want to pass along a big welcome to The Village. You already made me happy because I see you have already made several  posts and that it exactly the way that you meet us and we get to know you. The people that sign in and then fail to log back in , usually don't get much out of what there is here to participate in. If the winter chills keep you from your shop, :oops: , then coming back here daily, is a nice option. After a short time you will know all the regulars and find them to be a wonder group, that  we like to think of as family. Remember to jump around and explore all the nooks and crannies that are here and you will probably start making a list of new things to do when you reopen your shop again in the spring.

Hey I really like the way you did the eyes on your portraits. I have  not seen them done that  way before. They are outstanding.

As you  roam around The Village you will find a section called pattern request, or something similar to that and you might enjoy helping others that are looking for help in making a portrait pattern. We love to help one another here.

How big is your shop ? I heat mine with wood and it does not take very much wood to keep it  toasty even in the coldest weather. I  have a free standing stove and after a few minutes I am taking off my sweatshirt and opening the door. but then my shop is only 16X16 foot, so the space is small but it still gives my the room I need.

Hope to  see you around often.

Dick

heppnerguy

Welcome Roy, I'm interested about the use of Picasa. This is a great site.

Thank you for the "Welcome". The steps I use in Picasa is very simple. First thing I do is Pencil Sketch, and it has slides that will inhance. I save that and go to the contrast for further adjustments. any thing that is saves can be reverted back to original. The bigest problem I have is losing resolution with poor quality pictures. Hair is a big deal for me. I end up drawing a lot of it with clues that are visible in the pictures.

I also want to pass along a big welcome to The Village. You already made me happy because I see you have already made several  posts and that it exactly the way that you meet us and we get to know you. The people that sign in and then fail to log back in , usually don't get much out of what there is here to participate in. If the winter chills keep you from your shop, :oops: , then coming back here daily, is a nice option. After a short time you will know all the regulars and find them to be a wonder group, that  we like to think of as family. Remember to jump around and explore all the nooks and crannies that are here and you will probably start making a list of new things to do when you reopen your shop again in the spring.

Hey I really like the way you did the eyes on your portraits. I have  not seen them done that  way before. They are outstanding.

As you  roam around The Village you will find a section called pattern request, or something similar to that and you might enjoy helping others that are looking for help in making a portrait pattern. We love to help one another here.

How big is your shop ? I heat mine with wood and it does not take very much wood to keep it  toasty even in the coldest weather. I  have a free standing stove and after a few minutes I am taking off my sweatshirt and opening the door. but then my shop is only 16X16 foot, so the space is small but it still gives my the room I need.

Hope to  see you around often.

Dick

heppnerguy

Thank you Dick for your kind welcome. I also have a wood stove for winter that I will use when I just have to make sawdust. I hope to be an active member on SSV. I already know there are thing I hope to learn here.

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of great people here. And that portrait is great looking.

Thank you very much for the welcome, and comment on the portrait. That little girls name is Taylor Love. She has batteled cancer for most of her young life. At the moment she is in remission. Her story can be seen on Face Book. I'm looking forward to meeting people here.

Roy

Hey Roy.

Welcome to our village. Active residents are always appreciated. (We tend to get quite a few 'Day Trippers' who don't really get much and miss out.)

It's great to see your work (as mine is predominantly commissioned portraits also.)

You are about to meet MANY talented and helpful people here - so sit back and make yourself at home.

Kindest Regards,

Nick (East Coast UK)

Hey Roy. Welcome to our village. Active residents are always appreciated. (We tend to get quite a few 'Day Trippers' who don't really get much and miss out.) It's great to see your work (as mine is predominantly commissioned portraits also.) You are about to meet MANY talented and helpful people here - so sit back and make yourself at home. Kindest Regards, Nick (East Coast UK)

Thank you Nick, Its great to be here. I'm getting ready to start on another portrait today, and have just put the finishing touches on the pattern. Looking forward to the future here!

Roy

Most if the projects I do is portraits. I make my patterns using Picasa 3. I've posted some of the wood portraits for you all to see. In time I'll be looking at the work you all have posted. I'm looking forward to learning from you all. Things may be a little slow now that winter is just around the corner. It takes a lot to heat my shop with wood. Looking forward to all this sight has to offer!!

Roy Barfield

As I'm trying to figuar out how this sight works, I hope I haven't over looked any of the comments made.

Roy

Thank you Nick, Its great to be here. I'm getting ready to start on another portrait today, and have just put the finishing touches on the pattern. Looking forward to the future here!

Roy

No problems Roy.

I'm certainly no authority or expert on portrait cutting, but if you want my opinion or help with anything, give me a shout.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Roy;

A very warm WELCOME !!!

I see you are an artist. Nice work.

I am also a new member and have been enjoying this village meeting some beautiful people. One thing for sure there's always something to learn and the best part is learning from others that share the same interests. Enjoy.