Photo Sculpturing

woodinhead62

I have been a scroll saw junkie since '99. Having tried nearly all of the scrolling concepts through many pattern books, and scroll sawing publications, I loved them all! It really is an amazing tool in terms of creativity.

Now, having said that, I'm also crazy about pictures. yeah, the whole frozen in time thing. The love you can feel for the young grandchildren, for instance, how that same feeling comes back when you look at those pictures of them you took yesterday at the park. Or graduation day. Whatever.

My point? Photo Sculptures, Cut-outs, Pop-Outs, Magnets, Puzzles(eh, not my favorite), etc. I see every picture/photograph differently. I see them in 3 dimension, characteristically.

The bases are compound cut, for a dimensional look, from walnut/oak(routed), not acrylic.

Obviously, the finish work brings it all to life. I have yet to actually meet anyone who is doing any of this(I know you're out there!).

I really am addicted to creating photo centered crafts/gifts/products! Is there anyone else who is doing this? Would love to hear about it! Thanx. -Kevin

http://www.photofiguresplus.com

Enjoyed looking at your work Kevin. Your website design is very nice as well.

I have seen the photo sculptures before, but never really gave any thought to the pop-up type. Thanks for showing me something new. I will have to try something like this in the near future.

Barry

• 1 month later...