4G very slow connection

amazingkevin

Just because your signal strength is good, doesn't mean your internet is fast.  You have 2 connections on a wireless device; connection speeds to your wireless router (or cell phone tower), and your the connection speed from the wireless to the internet.  Those bars you're seeing is the connection to your router/tower.  It won't tell you how fast your internet is.  Internet speeds are determined by traffic, weather conditions, and your service provider.  To check your internet speeds, you need to use a service like http://www.speedtest.net/

When I had my Samsung Stratosphere..  sitting at home next to the router I would only get about a 6mbps down connection..  even though the connection was an 802.11g and should have been what my cable connection max was which is 32mbps..  My new Galaxy S4 gets full 32mbps on same router.. sometimes, it's just the device that doesn't do what it's supposed to.