Yule Season Reason plaque

Frank Pellow

See the tread: http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/topic/21128-yule-season-reason/for the pattern that I designed.

I cut the plaque from 3mm thick Baltic Birch plywood and mounted it on 6 mm thick Fir plywood.

I've now made one of these and have requests for more.

As well as a photo of the plaque, I am attaching a photo of the back where I mention where the concept came from. I always mention the designer, if known, or the inspiration if there is one on the back of any object that I create.

post-28738-0-62081100-1477934766_thumb.jpg

post-28738-0-72040500-1477934781_thumb.jpg

Edited by Frank Pellow

I meant to include a tip in the above post.  I'll insert it here.

Parts of the backer board need to be stained.  In order to accurately figure out where those sections are, I first applied Varsol to the pattern on the foreground board, then carefully removed it in one piece.  Next, I positioned the pattern over the backer and marked the sections to be stained using a pencil.

post-28738-0-24543100-1477946782_thumb.jpg

Edited by Frank Pellow

See the tread: http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/topic/21128-yule-season-reason/for the pattern that I designed.

I cut the plaque from 3mm thick Baltic Birch plywood and mounted it on 6 mm thick Fir plywood.

I've now made one of these and have requests for more.

As well as a photo of the plaque, I am attaching a photo of the back where I mention where the concept came from. I always mention the designer, if known, or the inspiration if there is one on the back of any object that I create.

Your the man !!!