You Folks Are Killin Me....

browders

Gentlemen you have to weigh up if it's a want or need toy.  If you just want it walk away, quickly.  IF you need it then buy it and then make the wife something really really really nice.  So whats the problem?????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marg

Gentlemen you have to weigh up if it's a want or need toy.  If you just want it walk away, quickly.  IF you need it then buy it and then make the wife something really really really nice.  So whats the problem?????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marg

"What's the problem"  Marg?????? The WIFE is the PROBLEM :cry:

Rob Roy.

Edited by Rob Roy

Guys guys guys none of these tools are a necessity, oh sure the manufacturer has you brainwashed into needing this, but really what happened to being craftsman.

Meaning you made things,not some shiny piece of steel that you turned on made this. If we keep buying more toys eventually we will be categorized in the same league as the laser cutters. Lets face it the more tools you own and use the less you have to do with the outcome. The only tools I use are a scroll saw and I admit I'm to lazy to do it by hand, although I have met guys who still cut by hand and a dremmel to drill the holes which I agree is a luxury but other then that sandpaper is wrapped around sticks for that round contour, I use those little disposable nail files that I trim to size for sanding the inside cuts. other than that its sandpaper and elbow grease and I'm still proud to say I MADE THAT! 

Guys guys guys none of these tools are a necessity, oh sure the manufacturer has you brainwashed into needing this, but really what happened to being craftsman.

Meaning you made things,not some shiny piece of steel that you turned on made this. If we keep buying more toys eventually we will be categorized in the same league as the laser cutters. Lets face it the more tools you own and use the less you have to do with the outcome. The only tools I use are a scroll saw and I admit I'm to lazy to do it by hand, although I have met guys who still cut by hand and a dremmel to drill the holes which I agree is a luxury but other then that sandpaper is wrapped around sticks for that round contour, I use those little disposable nail files that I trim to size for sanding the inside cuts. other than that its sandpaper and elbow grease and I'm still proud to say I MADE THAT! 

Hey Hans you stick to your hand tools and I'll be in Scotland before ya.  :lol:  :rofl:  :razz:  Each to his/her own I say. Only kidding I will always turn to hand tools to finish what the electric tool can't do.  Roly

When MARGE SPEAKS,her husband listens with both ears,lol"YES DEAR"lol,Never mind the woman behind the curtain ,THE GREAT MARGE HAS SPOKEN,lolGuys Guys Guys listen to her!Do you want to be in the same dog house as BILL H?Just sneak it in the shop and hang out the shingle no girls allowed!Unless you want to hear over and over :)  OH YOU BOUGHT IT ANYWAY! :) Then here comes the silent treatment AGAIN! :)

Edited by amazingkevin

The trick is:  Sell enough of your projects to pay for new equipment.  Like I did to get this wonderful new tool.

Ding! Ding! Ding!  We have a winner.  I set up a separate bank account for the shop, whatever money I bring in goes to this account.  If I want to buy lumber or tools, it comes from this account.  Wife is happy..she knows I am in the basement shop and not out at a bar somewhere...

I don't drink, I don't smoke, I JUST BUY TOOLS. whats the problem?????????????????

Roly

I don't drink so I just have half as many toys as I want.

Hans

- I do not have the skill or patience to do everything with hand tools

- At my age even if I had the skill and patience, I would not have the time to accomplish everything I wanted without power tools

- BTW, I do still buy green bananas, I am not THAT old

p.s.  My wife is a quilter - do you know how much some of those sewing machines cost??

Edited by Doug

What's the keyboard player's name? Sorry, I couldn't let that one go by without smart alec comment.

quote name="bobscroll" post="80057" timestamp="1401644085"]I wanted a Mig welder, My wife said she wanted a Keyboard player, So we both got what

we wanted, And the value of the items items were similar in price, And we lived happily

ever after  :roll:

Bob  ;)