Newbie intro

Chief

I've been doing wood working since I was like 6 yo. I really got into it about 12 years ago and was actually making money doing scroll saw work. Well after the Navy transfered me a couple of times it was hard to keep going. I got into cars for a while, but they just cost lots of maoney and you get no return, and the wife hates them. So I decided to get back into wood working as a hobby and make a little extra while I am at it. Will be doing a deployment to the Gulf for 6 maonths so I should be able to save up and get a new scroll saw.

Hi Chief. Welcome to the Village. I'm glad you found us. It's pretty rough being away from your shop for so long. But it sounds like when you return, you'll have a shiny new saw waiting for you. Until then, you can live vicariously through SSV members. There's a lot of talent here. Its fun to see what everybody comes up with. Anyway, welcome aboard. Jump on in and have some fun! :thumbs:

• 8 months later...

Well thanks for the warm welcome. I got extended for 2 months.

Vector I am a MMC, BT merged with MM.

Well I got my Dewalt saw, went to TX and picked up my TS, router table, planer and my uncle gave me my old Delta 16" SS back.

I am first attempting to build a wooden gear clock. I think I will go crazy before I finish it though. My wifes "honey do" list is 8 months long.

• 2 years later...