I AM

amazingkevin

Hi Scott, I'm dying to try watering down food coloring, but found out that a Tupperware container with lots of stain in speeds up the staining process immensely by soaking the project in it rather than splash and scrub and dab, etc the stain to get everything covered. Then i pour it back in the can.I used to get extra wide rolls of aluminum cooking foil and make a little tray under and around the project and pour in the stain, then tilt it up and poke a hole in the foil and drain it back in the can .Works for me great with fret work ,you don't miss a spot that way. :cool:

Hi Scott, I'm dying to try watering down food coloring, but found out that a Tupperware container with lots of stain in speeds up the staining process immensely by soaking the project in it rather than splash and scrub and dab, etc the stain to get everything covered. Then i pour it back in the can.I used to get extra wide rolls of aluminum cooking foil and make a little tray under and around the project and pour in the stain, then tilt it up and poke a hole in the foil and drain it back in the can .Works for me great with fret work ,you don't miss a spot that way. :cool:

Kevin take that food coloring and add it to denatured alcohol you get the staining but no grain lifting.  Works good and is pretty fast.

DW

The fonts you choose are outstanding.

One reason I enjoy reading your posts and others,

there are frequently 'teachable' moments in them.

In this one there are two for me.

Food coloring in a pan and using denatured alcohol.

And in case you did not read betwen the lines... I like your Bible verse very much.

Larry

Dick i thank you ,It's a very easy one to cut and in less than an hour With a scroll reverse#3 on the Dewalt speed of 5. I now spray the glue on the back of the pattern ,let tack then press on .This way there is lots less glue on the project, it's self. I knew this before, but absence from scrolling you forget the tricks you use everyday.this one is in 3/4" spruce stain grade .It comes wrapped in clear plastic at the big box store ,lowes and the price is right ! They come in 6'-8'-10' and maybe 12'lenghts and 10"-12" and 16" widths.I save all the scrap for little people stands mostly.I need to set of a third router table just for cutting the slot in the oval scraps that i stick the little people in with glue.The older i get now all the walking and project steps i can save makes for more enjoyable scrolling quality time.I wish i could wear headphones to listen to my religious station .but then i won't here the phone. :cool: